Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Technology will be the death of me....

Well its on, I'm trying my hardest but the tec is my greatest enemy at this point in ed. In fact, I'm pretty sure that my use of technology will definitely be the death of me. I would just like to know if its one of those things that you just got or don't got????
If it is, I am certain that I don't got it, never had it, and may never have it.....but I will continue to get beaten up by it on a daily basis until the day comes where I concur it or die trying!!! Dramatic much??? Yes
My boyfriend often tells me (with love of course...I hope) that the chair that I sit and spend hours in front of the computer on knows more about technology than I do....I don't take offence to this cuz I'm pretty sure its true at this point.
So back to my question, is being tec savey something that just comes natural??? Is it like being good at sports? If so, then I get it. Ask me to play any sport out there and Ill pick it up like Ive played it my whole life and I know there are those out there who just don't have the coordination or skill to do that. I count my blessings everyday that I can so maybe I just need to take the good with the bad, and try harder.
Pfft.....I guess that's the plan then cuz technology is not going anywhere and I want nothing more than to be able to teach my students all that I know...and I would really like that to last longer than ten minutes.
On a positive note, I do feel that I am learning so much about how to incorporate technology into my class and how I can not only use it as a search engine but as a means for my students to create online portfolios (which I will def have in my class), get and send homework, and use multimedia to create fun and exciting assignments that students can personalize and make using their own creative ideas. I think that students can benefit so much from this kind of learning as it appeals to them with their own choices and creative input!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey - tell your boyfriend that you do pretty well, now just believe it yourself!

    ReplyDelete