Monday, February 1, 2010

Late, Late, Late

Such is the story of my life, I have to say that I have been late since the day I was supposed to come out of the whomb. Back then im sure it didnt matter much, but its something that is definitely catching up with me now.
I sometimes wonder if it's genetics or just learned, my mother is notorious for being late. She was actually late for her own wedding....no joke, and it surprised no one. My father on the other hand is so punctual it hurts, 20 minutes early for everything no matter what. I'd like to know how he does it, really.
Ive tried to break this terrible habit but the harder I try to be early or even on time for that matter, the later I end up being. Seriously, something always gets in the way, a train, a car accident, traffic, anything humanly possible.
Recently its actually made me start to worry with regards to becoming a teacher. There is no exceptions to the start of the day for kids so there can be no excuses!!!! What will I do, will it continue to happen for the rest of my life, am I really that much "my mother's daughter"?
So how do I break it? Its time to reflect on strategies for sure cause I know its not gunna fly in my teaching career, so what can I do to prevent my lifetime of lateness? Its reflection time indeed for this girl!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment